Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Last Week: A Recap

So last week was pretty rough until about Friday. We knew that this was a trial and error thing and that things were going to get worse before they got better, but she really regressed a lot for a little over a week. We were seeing behaviors and sensory issues that we haven't seen for two years in many cases. Full-blown, face-hitting tantruming, and very little talking to name a few. It was very emotionally difficult for everyone to go back to that after coming so far. Right as we were about to throw in the towel with the whole diet thing, we gave her a piece of cheese on a cheeseburger (I read that gluten can take 3 months to work out of the system, where you usually know about casein in about 3 weeks). It had almost been 3 weeks, so we gave her the cheese, and she was great the rest of the night, and has seemed to be on the upswing since then, having days that are comparable to what we were having before. The only marked improvement from before has been her use of "my" (ex. my leg hurts, my popcorn, etc.) and her interest and improvement in fine-motor activities such as cutting, gluing, coloring and drawing. I will get my scanner hooked up and scan a few things so you can see what I am talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she is such a trooper. It would be so hard to get used to a new diet.

    ReplyDelete